The Jewish community occupied for centuries a large area on the west side of Toledo.
There were at least eleven synagogues in this city; and nowadays there are still two of them.
In one end of the Jewish section was built the Synagogue of El Tránsito. It was founded and financed by Samuel ha-Leví in the 14th century. It was used by the order of Calatrava after the Jews were expelled in 1492. Nowadays this old synagogue is the Sefardic Museum, museum of Jewish history in Spain.
The other synagogue, known as Santa María la Blanca will be visited as well, and it is also a wonderfull example of the moorish influence both in construction and in ornamentation.
Located in the Jewish quarter was erected the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes, of great historical weight because of its founders, the Catholic Monarchs, who finished the period of almost eight centuries when Jews, Christians and Muslims lived together.